Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Version 2.1.0 Patch Notes (Booster Course Pass Wave 2 now available)
Wave 2 of the Booster Course Pass is now available! Alongside the DLC release, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been updated to version 2.1.0. Here are the patch notes:
Support for DLC
- Now supports paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 2 (two cups and eight courses).
- Increased the number of ghosts you can download from 16 to 32.
- Adjusted the extent to which a vehicle is thrown, depending on its weight.
- Further shortened the time it takes for item boxes to regenerate after another player takes them.
- Shortened the time it takes for one player to be able to pick up a coin that another player has dropped.
- Made it so that it is easier to face the way forward in mid-air when using Smart Steering.
- The cars that the Shy Guys are riding in in Wii Coconut Mall now move from time to time in all modes other than the Time Trial mode.
- Fixed issue where player could not choose a DLC course even though a player in the lobby in “Friends” has the Booster Course Pass.
- Fixed issue where player did not receive coins even though they used the Feather in Coin Runners to steal a rival’s coins.
- Fixed issue where player could receive two items from one item box in N64 Toad’s Turnpike.
Wave 2 of the Booster Course Pass DLC includes:
|Wave 2 (August 4, 2022)||Turnip Cup|
New York Minute (Tour)
Mario Circuit 3 (SNES)
Kalimari Desert (N64)
Waluigi Pinball (DS)
Sydney Sprint (Tour)
Snow Land (GBA)
Mushroom Gorge (Wii)
6 more waves will be released by the end of 2023. The Booster Course Pass DLC is available for free to all Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack subscribers, or $24.99 USD separately from Nintendo eShop.